On Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, Mayor Adler declared November as Austin Art Month. The proclamation was made in an effort to support the local arts scene and promote organizations that are hosting art-related events for the community in November.
The visual arts scene is growing fast and becoming a visceral part of the city. The proclamation aligns with the booming entertainment industry and promotes the local art scene.
“Austin is a creative, innovative city. We’re good at doing things in new ways, and art helps us see the world in new ways. The creative arts are absolutely vital to who we are as a city and what we can offer the world, so I’m proud to declare November Austin Art Month,” said Mayor Adler.
The Austin Art Month declaration comes just head of four days of POP Austin International Art Show, two weekends of E.A.S.T., ARTBASH and other ancillary events taking place in November.
Below is a list of the art events taking place in November:
- POP Austin International Art Show: November 9-12, 2017
- Due EAST: November 9, 2017
- Art Alliance Austin’s annual ARTBASH: November 10-12, 2017
- Waller Creek Creek Show: November 10-18, 2017
- The Contemporary Austin’s Camp Contemporary: November 11-12, 2017
- Big Medium’s E.A.S.T.: November 11-12, 2017 and November 18-19, 2017
- Art in Public Places’ TEMPO: November 11-19, 2017
- The Contemporary Austin’s Artist Talk and Exhibition Opening featuring Carol Bove: November 18, 2017
- HOPE Event’s Hops for Hope: November 17-19, 2017
- Blanton Museum of Art’s The Open Road exhibition: November 25, 2017
- Blanton Museum of Art’s Dancing with Death exhibition: through November 26, 2017