For the most current information, call 2-1-1, option 1.
Helpful enrollment-related dates and deadlines:
- Wed., Nov. 1, 20171 2018 Marketplace Open Enrollment starts. Individuals/households may enroll for
health insurance, renew their 2017 health insurance plan, or change their 201 7 health insurance plan
to a different plan for 2018.
- Fri., Dec. 15, 20171 Last day of Open Enrollment. Deadline to enroll in a 2018 marketplace Health
- Sun., Dec. 31, 2017: All 2017 Marketplace Health Insurance Plans end, regardless of when you enrolled
the previous year.
- Mon., Jan. 1, 2018: 2018 Marketplace Health Insurance Plan coverage begins.
Important Note: If you don’t enroll in a 2018 Marketplace Health Insurance Plan by the deadline of Fri., Dec.
15, 2017, you cannot enroll in a Marketplace Health Insurance Plan for 2018 unless you qualify for Special
Enrollment due to a qualifying life event (such as: having a baby, gaining citizenship, moving out of current
plan’s service area, or lose existing coverage). You may apply for Medicaid or CHIP any time throughout the
To be eligible for health coverage through the Marketplace, you must meet a!I of
the following criteria:
- Must live in the United States
- Must be a US citizen or national (Lawful Permanent Resident or other eligible
- Cannot be currently incarcerated
Foundation Communities – Airport Blvd Office
North – Foundation Communities Airport Blvd
5900 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78752
737-717-4000 Healthcare Enrollment Phone Line
512·496· 3786 Community Financial Center North
Walk – In Services
Nov 1, 2017 – Dec 5, 2017
Mon – Thurs 9:00 am – 7:00 pm; Fri Sat 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; Sun
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
To schedule an appointment, call 2-1-1, option 1:
Mon – Fri 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Appointment dates and times vary; please consult AppointmentPlus
Healthcare Enrollment Phone Line for questions:
Mon – Thurs 10:00 am – 7:00 pm; Fri Sat 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
languages: English,Spanish, Multi-Language Line available
Walk-in during designated hours to receive services or call 2-1-1, Option 1 to
schedule an appointment.
Late policy for appointments allows for a 10 minute grace period; client will be
considered for walk-in services if later than 10 minutes.
Individuals with questions may call the Healthcare Enrollment Phone Line or send
an email to email@example.com.