April 8, 2020 — Important updates, thoughts on the meaning of Passover and a hero for our times.
Tonight I tell you how our local COVID-19 response ranks among Texas counties and talk about construction happening around town.
We went live tonight… keep the questions (and great art) coming!
There are updates, but also a DIY tutorial… and some birthday tech.
Even physically separated, our community has been able to come together like never before.
Here are my top links of Austinites taking care of each other, and things that made me and my office smile throughout the week.
- Baton Creole’s Pay it Forward Plates
- St David’s staff cheering for a patient who recovered from COVID-19 as she exits the hospital
- Two UT Students launched a website that tracks store inventories
- All Together ATX’s Virtual Telethon to raise funds in support of communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19
- Big Flavor Film’s “message of hope for our city and the world”
Looking for Stay Home plans?
Check out these events and programs my office is looking forward to over the weekend and next week.
- The Blanton Museum has released their collection for you to browse online.
- The Bullock Museum is sharing campfire stories featuring some of the most influential Texans.
- Go to the movies! At home. Alamo Drafthouse now has Alamo-At-Home
- SXSW to stream videos
- Thinkery Austin videos for at home activities with kids.
- Jackie Venson and Gina Chavez, two local Austin singers, frequently release music for all of us to enjoy
- Daily Dose of Esther’s Follies gives you access to content like Quarantine Pie
- Enjoy a date night at home
Thank you to everyone doing their part, whether that be working on the frontlines or staying home to prevent the spread. Stay home, y’all. We’ll get through this together.